Home: General Photographic Discussions: Workshop Planning:
Body-as-Art workshops for summer 2006

bodyartist
Novice

Mar 1, 2006, 9:06 AM

Post #1 of 1 (20913 views)
Shortcut
Body-as-Art workshops for summer 2006 Can't Post

I'm starting to organize a series of weekend (mostly) Body-as-Art shoots for the warmer weather (notice I said warmer, not drier, as shooting in the rain can be interesting).

I am looking for:

1) Locations. Private wooded and/or rocky areas to shoot. Secluded back yards that can handle about 10-12 people at a time. Indoor locations that can handle the same, with sufficient room to light and shoot. We promise to take nothing but pictures, and leave nothing, not even footprints, if possible. If you have a suitable location, your participation fee is fully waived.

2) Models. Mostly female who want to work outdoors in a group setting. We like to have a minimum of 3 models, but up to 5 has happened.

3) Participants: Photographers/artists. We limit the count to between 6 and 10, depending on the location, the number of models, and type of work shop.

=======
  • Requirements: Liability waiver, releases, and all the normal paperwork.
  • Participants: 18 or older. Exception. at least 17 y/o, High School Senior, with parental consent.
  • Models: Must be at least 18, with proof of age submitted and recorded prior to the workshops. No exceptions.
  • Dates: To be announced, but probably starting in late may, early june, depending on interest.
  • Times: Varied. Actual shoot time is about 8 hours per day.
  • Costs: From $175 to $800 depending on type of shoot, location, and workshop theme. Some workshops will span 2 days, with day 2 building on the skills from day 1.
  • Follow ups: A dinner at a near-by establishment, for anyone who wants to show up. Participants pay their own checks, we pay any of the model's who show up. These "debriefing" sessions are usually a lot of fun, and very informative, even after a long day.

Scott
aka Bodyartist

(This post was edited by bodyartist on Mar 1, 2006, 9:27 AM)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3